incubator-general mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <>
Subject Re: A little OOo history
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2011 16:47:53 GMT
On 06/07/2011 05:00 PM, Christian Grobmeier wrote:
>> Have a look at
>> Maybe a bit outdated and actually there is no release date in the
>> displayed time. The old load balancer (bouncer) usually failed totally
>> when a new version was announced, therefore OOo switched to Suse's
>> Mirrorbrain.
> Thanks Volker, this gives me an impression.
> Now I have learned that each day round about 52.000 gigs of data are served.

just to check the . there for i18n issues, you mean about 52TB? That
translates to about 1.5PB/month, which is equivalent to the CERN LHC
data rate once it's ramped up to full luminosity and event rate.

Yes, I can imagine people's concerns.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message