incubator-general mailing list archives

From Florian Effenberger <flo...@documentfoundation.org>
Subject Re: OpenOffice.org Apache Incubator Proposal: Splitting^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^HREUNITING the Community?
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2011 20:23:01 GMT
Hi Jim,

Jim Jagielski wrote on 2011-06-06 22.20:
> I replied on the TDF ML about #3 which, from my reading (and
> from what I have been told by entities both within and outside
> of Oracle) requested the "infrastructure" which was later
> clarified to mean servers, various hardware, access to
> private Oracle infrastructure, etc... Which I also think
> Oracle would have balked at as well...
>
> Had TDF requested just #1 and #2, as well as a more liberal
> license,*maybe*  things would have been different... but
> who knows. Those sorts of questions do more to retard progress
> than advance it...
>
> We are here... let's continue moving forward!

your interpretation of #3 is wrong. It reads "available for transfer",
and emphasizes that by "into The Document Foundation's infrastructure".
There is not a single word about hardware wanted.

Being the person in charge of our infrastructure, together with our
team, I confirm we would not have needed any additional hardware. We
have all we need, everything works like a charm and we still have lots
of space and resources free.

Florian

Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108