incubator-general mailing list archives

From Florian Effenberger <flo...@documentfoundation.org>
Subject Re: [Libreoffice] Proposal to join Apache OpenOffice
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2011 16:46:02 GMT
Hi Greg,

Greg Stein wrote on 2011-06-06 18.36:
> I'll repeat what Jim said: how do you think IBM can force us to take
> the project? Bob can say whatever he'd like on his blog.

it wasn't me who stated that, so don't ask me. :-)

I stated with my previous mail that I do *not* think you are forced.
What I wanted to say is that statements like these *might* lead to
assumptions, and that's (IMHO) the reason why people make statements you
could be influenced.

> The software grant is a "done deal". I happen to believe the proposal
> will be accepted, but it is not a "done deal".

Ah, okay - so the software grant exists independent from the incubation
result?

> In any case... stop assuming that what*one*  person says is
> representative of the entire (ASF) community. That simply isn't true.

No, that wasn't my intention - sorry if it looked like that. I just
wanted to make help understand why people state things they do.

Again, I do *not* believe you are influenced. Never did so.

Florian

Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108