incubator-general mailing list archives

From Florian Effenberger <flo...@documentfoundation.org>
Subject Re: OpenOffice: were are we now?
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2011 14:33:53 GMT
Hi,

Richard S. Hall wrote on 2011-06-06 16.19:

> However, it seems like we have lost sight of the fact that TDF split the
> community from OOo. Sure, Oracle is the perceived villain and TDF the
> perceived good guy, but it doesn't change the fact that OOo created the
> community in the first place.

wrong perception.

If a vast majority of the community steps away, because the main sponsor
refuses to talk to them, amongst these community members *all* community
council members who do not work for the main sponsor, plus nearly all
other "officials" (i.e. leads or co-leads) from the community, you may
allow the question who split and who is to blame.

If you don't believe that, feel free to have a look into the mailing
list archives. And if the people in charge respected the community that
much as you seem to suggest, then I wonder why the Apache proposal has
not been discussed with this community in the first place.

So please stop spreading FUD like this. It won't help the further
discussion here at all and just confirms the perception many of us had
back in September: Some people simply do not have the slightest clue
about communities. Or they *do* want to be blind.

As said in my first mail: Do not look into the past. Look into the future.

Florian

Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108