incubator-general mailing list archives

From Florian Effenberger <flo...@documentfoundation.org>
Subject Re: OpenOffice: were are we now?
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2011 11:31:28 GMT
Hi,

robert_weir@us.ibm.com wrote on 2011-06-06 02.37:
> And I remind you of this response I gave you before:
>
> http://markmail.org/message/wwoxum4tuvdg5q3p

I guess we're running in circles. However, I have made my points and
hopefully responded to some rumors spreading (like: TDF is no choice as
legal entity; TDF's demands are way too high).

> I believe I described the range of areas that were important to us, and
> clearly it was more than the license.  To elaborate further could be seen
> as me denigrating TDF/LO, and I think that would be toxic to further
> collaborations, collaborations I look forward to.

To me, it simply looks like TDF was simply not wanted, otherwise I guess
anyone from IBM could have joined our calls, mailing lists and the like
much earlier. Other members of this (general@incubator) list also seem
to share similar feelings with your attitude towards TDF, but - well, I
guess I made my points clear.

Who recognizes them and who ignores them is, sadly, out of my scope.

Florian

Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108