incubator-general mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <>
Subject Re: OpenOffice: were are we now?
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2011 01:40:58 GMT
At the risk of sounding naive, why do some people continue to believe
that an Incubator list at Apache is a realistic way to get an answer
about IBM's corporate strategy?  I suppose given the community history
it's certainly a controversial issue likely to get some sort of
response, I just don't see it helping the Incubation process at all.

- Shane, relishing a moment of irony wrote:
> Niall Pemberton <> wrote on 06/05/2011 07:58:17
> PM:
>> No, it was my point that that they only negative to TDF/OO was the
>> license here:
>> But please do elaborate on why IBM prefers a new project here rather
>> than contributing to TDF/OO - I am very interested to know.
> And Eris, the goddess of strive, engraved the golden apple "to the
> fairest"...
> As stated before, I decline to be goaded into laying out the detailed
> reasons, since that would be denigrating to TDF/LO and poison future
> opportunities for collaboration.
> -Rob

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: