incubator-general mailing list archives

From Andy Brown <>
Subject Re: [OO.o] updated mailing lists in proposal
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2011 01:03:42 GMT
Greg Stein wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 20:07, Alexandro Colorado<>  wrote:
>> On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 6:55 PM, Greg Stein<>  wrote:
>>> I just updated the proposal to provide more detail on the requested
>>> mailing lists. Figured it would be good to discuss here.
>>> This is what I entered into the wiki:
>>> ----
>>> The following mailing lists:
>>> - for developer discussions
>>> - for Subversion commit messages
>>> - for JIRA change notifications
>>> - for continuous build/test
>>> notifications
>>> Note: a users mailing is not being requested at this time. It is
>>> anticipated that users will interact with the community through
>>> existing systems.
>> official contaction is 'OOo' not 'oo' I think is enough time
>> to correct these mailing lists. I wrote a more lenghty email but I think the
>> discussions should be better understood by Apache admins.
> The mailing lists haven't been constructed yet. We can easily change
> the request to ooo-*. I was just trying to keep the names short :-)
> Opinions, people? Should they be "oo-*" or "ooo-*"? (the former could
> work if we call it "Apache OpenOffice")
> Cheers,
> -g

I have to agree with Alexandro on this.  The (OOo or ooo)
has long be established and it will be very confusing to users to change
now.  For internal use the oo-* may work but feel that it maybe best to
use ooo-* as new people come aboard.  Even the "Apache OpenOffice" will
cause confusion.

Just my 2cents.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: