incubator-general mailing list archives

From Raphael Bircher <>
Subject Re: [OO.o] updated mailing lists in proposal
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2011 00:47:42 GMT
Hi all

Because this is my first mail, I give a short introduction to myself.

I'm Raphael Bircher from Switzerland. I contribute for OOo since 5 years
as QA and in same other tecnical parts. I was involved by the migration
to the kenai Infrastructur, and I'm willing to help by seting up the new
infrastructure, if this help is welcome from the ASF side.

Am 06.06.11 02:13, schrieb Niall Pemberton:
> On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 12:55 AM, Greg Stein<>  wrote:
>> I just updated the proposal to provide more detail on the requested
>> mailing lists. Figured it would be good to discuss here.
>> This is what I entered into the wiki:
>> ----
>> The following mailing lists:
>> - for developer discussions
>> - for Subversion commit messages
>> - for JIRA change notifications
>> - for continuous build/test notifications
>> Note: a users mailing is not being requested at this time. It is
>> anticipated that users will interact with the community through
>> existing systems.
>> ----
>> In particular, note the lack of a users mailing list. I don't think
>> we'd want one to start, but may want it after a release is made during
>> incubation. Thoughts?
> There are 146 projects listed on - all with mailing
> lists. Last time I read the proposal, it wasn't clear how many of
> these are active and being brought across. It does suggest though that
> a single dev list is not sufficient.
We have many many lists, a load of this lists are dead. Anyway, The 4
lists are ok, if this is onli for the startup while the kenai
infrastructure from Oracle is running. If we realy switch to apache, we
need much more ML, e.g for native language projects, etc.

Greetings Raphael
My private Homepage:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: