incubator-general mailing list archives

From Christian Lippka <christ...@lippka.com>
Subject Re: OpenOffice: were are we now?
Date Sun, 05 Jun 2011 22:42:53 GMT
Am 06.06.2011 00:28, schrieb Simon Brouwer:
> Op 5-6-2011 19:19, Christian Lippka schreef:
>> Hi Ralph,

>>> It might be a blocker for my vote.  You are, of course, free to vote
>>> differently.  This is a much larger project than usually enters the
>>> incubator.  I'm worried that if the project has too much of this
>>> kind of work to deal with it will kill the community.
>> If I understand you correctly, your question is if the supplied set
>> of source files is missing something to
>> make this a working project.
>>
>> As stated earlier, the list of source files provided look like a 1:1
>> copy from the mercurial
>> repository available at OpenOffice.org.
>
> I was looking at that, but I have the impression that the source code
> for a number of "external" projects is not present in the mercurial
> checkout and still has to be retrieved as part of the building
> process. There are makefiles, patches etc., but no source code worth
> mentioning, in subdirectories stlport, openssl, hunspell, libxslt...
>
> It might be all of these: http://hg.services.openoffice.org/binaries/
Yes and no. Usually external project would be build in modules like
stlport, openssl etc.  The archives with the sources would be in the
above url. But what is missing
are the patches to those external source archives.
Those patches usually contain modifications so that the source in
questions builds in the OOo build environment and also on all platforms
supported by OOo.
Then it may also contain additional changes or fixes that are not yet
upstreamed.