incubator-general mailing list archives

From Simon Brouwer <simon.o...@xs4all.nl>
Subject Re: OpenOffice: were are we now?
Date Sun, 05 Jun 2011 22:28:37 GMT
Op 5-6-2011 19:19, Christian Lippka schreef:
> Hi Ralph,

>>> Most of the sniping^H^H^H^Hdiscussion has moved over to the libreoffice
>>> lists at this point.

>>> Not a blocker for starting incubation.  IOW we don't ask for this
>>> level of
>>> detail from other podlings.
>> It might be a blocker for my vote.  You are, of course, free to vote
>> differently.  This is a much larger project than usually enters the
>> incubator.  I'm worried that if the project has too much of this kind
>> of work to deal with it will kill the community.
> If I understand you correctly, your question is if the supplied set of
> source files is missing something to
> make this a working project.
>
> As stated earlier, the list of source files provided look like a 1:1
> copy from the mercurial
> repository available at OpenOffice.org.

I was looking at that, but I have the impression that the source code
for a number of "external" projects is not present in the mercurial
checkout and still has to be retrieved as part of the building process.
There are makefiles, patches etc., but no source code worth mentioning,
in subdirectories stlport, openssl, hunspell, libxslt...

It might be all of these: http://hg.services.openoffice.org/binaries/

--
Vriendelijke groet,
Simon Brouwer.