incubator-general mailing list archives

From Andy Brown <>
Subject Questions for the cheap seats.
Date Sun, 05 Jun 2011 21:18:30 GMT
Hi all.

This is my fist post here, been lurking from day one.

As a user I am trying to understand somethings that are going on here.

1: LibreOffice was forked due to the way OOo was being handled by

2: Last month, Oracle stated that OOo would be turned over to a
Foundation to run.

3: From indications, there had been some discussions between Oracle and
The Document Foundation.  Not knowing what was said but it seems that
they could not work out the problems.

4: Oracle makes a donation to the Apache Software Foundation.

Now with this comes some questions;

1: What will happen to OOo's code and trademark if the podling is not

2: What will happen to OOo's code and trademark if the project does not

3: Since the transfer to the ASF is a grant, could the ASF transfer,
grant, to TDF?

Thanks for your time and consideration.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: