incubator-general mailing list archives

From André Schnabel <andre.schna...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: OpenOffice: were are we now?
Date Sun, 05 Jun 2011 19:34:15 GMT
Hi,

Am 05.06.2011 20:24, schrieb Simon Phipps:

>> I'm more interested in the list of files from the Hg repository that
>> are NOT in that list. I gotta believe it is non-zero, so what are
>> they, and how much of a problem will that be?
> I've been discussing this privately with some folk, and while we've not done an exhaustive
analysis between us we're fairly sure that list doesn't include any of the (numerous) work-in-progress
branches that are not merged into the actual release.

I have no deep knowledge of the OOo repository, but at least the are
that I worked on the last couple of years seems to be missing:
translation. There should be a bunch of .sdf files covering some 500k
words in ~100 languages. Would be a pity if it was forgotten for OOo, as
the translation servers at OOo are down for quite a while now and nobody
is answering any request on bringing them up again.

Furtheremore all the artwork (icons, branding elements) seem to be
missing. I'd expect some .png, .gif or .ico files in the list.

regards,

André