incubator-general mailing list archives

From Christian Lippka ...@lippka.com>
Subject Re: OpenOffice: were are we now?
Date Sun, 05 Jun 2011 17:19:01 GMT
Hi Ralph,

Am 05.06.2011 18:46, schrieb Ralph Goers:
> On Jun 5, 2011, at 8:59 AM, Joe Schaefer wrote:
>>> I posted a similar  statement yesterday. Personally, I think the traffic
>>> on this list has settled  down a lot in the last 24 hours and is now
>>> focusing in on topics more relevant  to this list. But maybe that is just
>>> because it was Saturday :-)
>> Most of the sniping^H^H^H^Hdiscussion has moved over to the libreoffice
>> lists at this point.
>>
>>> What I  am still waiting to hear on are:
>>> 1. The amount of code in the project that  the grant didn't give to us
>>> under the Apache License.
>> Not a blocker for starting incubation.  IOW we don't ask for this level of
>> detail from other podlings.
> It might be a blocker for my vote.  You are, of course, free to vote differently.  This
is a much larger project than usually enters the incubator.  I'm worried that if the project
has too much of this kind of work to deal with it will kill the community.
If I understand you correctly, your question is if the supplied set of
source files is missing something to
make this a working project.

As stated earlier, the list of source files provided look like a 1:1
copy from the mercurial
repository available at OpenOffice.org. This set of sources in itself is
already build by many
individual contributers. So while there may be more in Oracles
posession, the given source
set is IMHO a valid starting point for an OOo reboot.

Regards,
Christian