incubator-general mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <>
Subject Re: [ Re: OpenOffice and the ASF]
Date Sun, 05 Jun 2011 04:11:50 GMT
Louis Suarez-Potts wrote:
> * Apache Foundation owns the trademark to OOo?

The ASF has a recorded Software Grant that includes the trademark along
with a specific list of source code files.

I have not yet seen the specific grant of the trademark itself at the
ASF yet (i.e. legal documents officially transferring ownership within
the USPTO here in the US).

As best I understand, the ASF does not currently own the trademark, but
the intent of both Oracle and the ASF is that the trademark will be
transferred to the ASF once the appropriate legal paperwork is
completed.  I presume, and will follow up, to ensure this includes the
graphical logo with the seagulls.

Question: is anyone here aware of any registrations of ""
or the logo or other related marks in other countries besides the US?

- Shane Curcuru
   VP, Brand Management, The Apache Software Foundation

For those interested:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message