incubator-general mailing list archives

From Sophie Gautier <gautier.sop...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenOffice.org Apache Incubator Proposal: Splitting^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^HREUNITING the Community?
Date Sat, 04 Jun 2011 13:41:38 GMT
Hi,
On 04/06/2011 16:03, Charles-H. Schulz wrote:
> Hello Robert,
>
> 2011/6/4 Robert Burrell Donkin<robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com>

[...]

>> The TDF is at the start of a journey that the ASF started a decade ago
>> and is yet to reach the end. The TDF may wish to consider whether an
>> alternative path might achieve their aims faster...
>>

> We have been developing our governance and structure for 8 months. People
> have put their trust and their faith in us. Why would you want us to scrap
> that off in favor of something else and have people follow a governance they
> don't even know?

This development of our governance and structure is also the result of
10 years of project and community life, working together and elaborating
our rules and processes, having a deep knowledge of the ecosystem and of
our user base. The TDF is born from this analyze and is the maturation
of this community, this is why we see it unified even when creating the
foundation.

Kind regards
Sophie