incubator-general mailing list archives

From Cor Nouws <oo...@nouenoff.nl>
Subject Re: OOo - Lines in the sand and pre-determined conclusions...
Date Sat, 04 Jun 2011 12:39:22 GMT
Hi Jim,

Jim Jagielski wrote (04-06-11 12:33)
> On Sat, Jun 04, 2011 at 11:52:48AM +0200, Cor Nouws wrote:
>>
>> Hmm, got that wrong I see now
>> http://www.networkworld.com/community/apache-president-jim-jagielski-talks-openoffice-org
>>
>> Which is no problem for me, but obviously I misunderstood your
>> statement about not talking to the press.
>>

> Tell me where in that post anyone from the ASF is openly critical
> of TDF or strongly implies that TDF's "ideological" stance will
> be a factor in breaking any cooperation.

I did not say that. But it was said of the interview with Meeks, which
we found out not to be true either.

> That is the difference. Outwardly and publicly the ASF is stressing
> the good and the potential of this effort. Whereas there appears
> a concerted effort by others to derail it and portray the ASF as
> the pawns of IBM/Oracle or as agents of anti-FOSS/anti-LOo actions.

If that is the feeling you get, there is something wrong.
I do not see any sense in criticizing the ASF, just because they have a
different view. Seems you get hit by pieces flying around that belong in
the IBM - TDF dispute ;-) Sorry about that, maybe a bit more precise
wording (from me and others) here and there would help, but I'm not sure
if it would fully prevent that happening.

Cor

--
  - http://nl.libreoffice.org