incubator-general mailing list archives

From Cor Nouws <oo...@nouenoff.nl>
Subject Re: Decades of Life (was: OpenOffice.org Apache Incubator Proposal)
Date Sat, 04 Jun 2011 08:24:37 GMT
Greg Stein wrote (04-06-11 06:31)
> On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 21:07, Cor Nouws<oolst@nouenoff.nl>  wrote:
>> [Picking a random mail in this thread]
>>
>> I have a suggestion by the wiki-proposal.
>>
>> I read
>> " Reliance on Salaried Developers
>>   Ensuring the long term stability of OpenOffice.org is a major
>>   reason for establishing the project at Apache.
>> "
>>
>> Unless really relevant, I would suggest to leave that last sentence out. I
>> guess no need to explain why ;-)
>
> Cor: I believe that you would need a better understanding of Apache,
> or that you *do* need to explain why that sentence should be omitted.

Apologies. Was too obvious for me.
I read the sentence as arguing that TDF would not be a long term stable
solution. And since there still are some attempts to build bridges,
offensive suggestions have no place.
On the other side: I have not a single reason to suggest that the ASF is
not long term stable.

Cor

--
  - http://nl.libreoffice.org