incubator-general mailing list archives

From Cor Nouws <oo...@nouenoff.nl>
Subject Re: OOo - Lines in the sand and pre-determined conclusions...
Date Sat, 04 Jun 2011 00:36:20 GMT
Greg Stein wrote (04-06-11 02:23)
> On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 19:49, Cor Nouws<oolst@nouenoff.nl>  wrote:
>> Greg Stein wrote (04-06-11 01:10)
>>
>>> That is the key difference. general@incubator is not talking to the
>>> press.
>>
>> It is an Apache process. Seems logic to me that you do not talk to the press
>> about that (at this stage).
>> Meeks is being interviewed about what's going on around libreOffice.
>>
>>> I don't see any press where ASF people talking smack about TDF/LO.
>>
>> I don't see any smack in it. I read he is giving his opinion in a polite
>> manner. (Have seen different quotes from him in the past ..). And also
>> complimenting the ASF.
>
> "However, I do not believe the ASF is likely to provide a good home
> for the OO.o project in the long run," Meeks said.

OK, now I understand where your impression comes from. For me it is
obvious that this statement is because there is strong involvement in
LibreOffice from people that do not want to work with non-copyleft and
Apache licence. So just another (though indeed rather implicit,
explanation of a different view on things.)

(So seeing Robs questionnaire: it won't be easy to get ground for many
positive replies. But of course it is good to try. I even might step in
with some suggestions, that however always tend to fail, since my mind
does not take large corporate policies into consideration ;-) )

Cor

--
  - http://nl.libreoffice.org