incubator-general mailing list archives

From Cor Nouws <oo...@nouenoff.nl>
Subject Re: OOo - Lines in the sand and pre-determined conclusions...
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2011 20:50:43 GMT
Hi Jim, all,

<short intro>
Long time OpenOffice.org contributor in various areas. Mainly
LibreOffice since Sept. 2010. One of the founders there.
Now looking at a Thinderbird folder with more than 300 mails, of which
I've only read a few up until now :-)
Living in The Netherlands, so If I skip in an hour or so, it is because
of the time zone ;-)
</short intro>

Jim Jagielski wrote (03-06-11 22:14)
> Posts such as:
>
>      http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/osrc/article.php/3935136/LibreOffice-340-Released-as-OpenOffice-Heads-to-Apache.htm
>
> certainly don't help. It just reinforces a perceived division
> as well as almost forcing the "other side" to take a defensive
> stance.
>
> It's a shame.

I do not understand why that should be a shame.
All I read is explanation of the situation, among which implicitly an
important difference: the copy-left versus non copy-left. That is a
personal style, choice that is one of the reasons d'ĂȘtre of LibreOffice.
Indeed a line in the sand. But putting ones head in the sand, by not
acknowledging it, would make little sense IMO.

Kind regards,
Cor

--
  - http://nl.libreoffice.org