incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proposal for OpenOffice Incubator strategy
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2011 16:06:07 GMT
On 03/06/2011 16:43, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> On Jun 3, 2011, at 11:09 AM, Ross Gardler wrote:
>>
>> Please see Simon Phipps' email earlier today that contained a very similar suggestion
with some more detail, it would be nice to bring these two threads together.

> Simon's email, from what I can tell, boils down to:
>
>    1. The podling goes along as suggested.
>    2. The TDF continues business as usual.

I read it differently and more like what was proposed in this thread.

The podling goes along as suggested and TDF continues to provide
essential support to existing users of the the end user product that is
currently called OpenOffice.org to some and LibreOffice to others).

In this thread there was talk of sharing the build infrastracture TDF
has created for the product called LibreOffice.

There are some other issues in Simons proposal that might be less
palatable, but there are some that seem to be alinged with the ideas in
this thread. I probably should have pulled out the parts in Simons mail
that I felt were relevant here. Unfortunately I'm now out of time as I'm
off on a camping trip.

I'm sure it'll be thrashed out.

Ross