incubator-general mailing list archives

From Florian Effenberger <flo...@documentfoundation.org>
Subject Re: OpenOffice.org Apache Incubator Proposal: Splitting^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^HREUNITING the Community?
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2011 19:27:57 GMT
Hi Christian,

Christian Grobmeier wrote on 2011-06-02 21.09:

> Noel wants surely express OOo is open to everybody and there is no
> intention to split anything. Lets not speak about "faults" or
> anything. It is even possible that both communities can benefit from
> each other. Whatever, its not about faults imho. Not the TDF joins
> Apache, Individuals do

it's not my intention to blame anyone or to talk about faults in the
past. I am writing here, openly, asking for honest feedback, and giving
honest feedback from my side. I also try to stay out of "bashing"
e-mails, as I think this does not help anyone, but we should rater
constructively see what the situation is and we all can make out of it.

> If the proposal does not go through, we miss the chance to have an ASL
> licensed office suite. This is important for some (me included). If
> Apache refuses, its the fault of the ASF do let this chance go and
> leave Office suites to the world of GPL. This is the other side.

That's a different question, indeed. I just wanted to avoid the
impression that the only choice for having the community united is by
TDF joining the ASF project, and if we do not do, we are to be blamed
for splitting the community. This is the impression I got from Noel's
e-mail, and that's why jumped in quickly.

Thanks for the fast follow-up!

More tomorrow,
Florian

Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108