incubator-general mailing list archives

From Davide Dozza <dav...@flossconsulting.it>
Subject Re: OpenOffice.org Apache Incubator Proposal: Are we required to make everyone happy?
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2011 15:40:44 GMT
Robert,

Il 02/06/2011 17:11, robert_weir@us.ibm.com ha scritto:
> Despite TDF press releases, there was never unanimous support for
> LibreOffice among members of the OpenOffice.org community.  We're seeing
> some of them stand up now and be counted.

As OOo italian native lang maintainer and TDF supporter I don't really
understand why you keep minimizing and ridiculizing TDF and what they
have done instead to try to understand how they can be useful for the
project.

People from ASF are trying to build a bridge while you keep to destroy
any tentative.

Don't you think it will be a great value *at least* to try to build a
fruitful collaboration?
Reading your blog, I can understand your critics but why don't try a
step back and let it be a chance?

Davide