incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OpenOffice and the ASF
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2011 13:49:33 GMT
On 02/06/2011 14:12, Ian Lynch wrote:
> On 2 June 2011 14:04, Greg Stein<gstein@gmail.com>  wrote:
>

>>> Should we add ourselfs as commiters?
>>
>> If you would like to contribute here (possibly instead of, or in
>> addition, to your work at TDF), then yes! Please add yourself into the
>> proposal on the wiki.
>>

> I'm not likely to commit code.

Hi Ian,

Please note committers on ASF projects are not just those who write code.

We need people to help with all aspects of community development. At the
ASF we believe good code emerges from a healthy community and a healthy
community consists of more than just coders.

See http://community.apache.org/contributors/index.html for a little more

The barrier for committership on an incubating project is usually low,
on this one it is even lower than usual. I'm aware of the work you refer
to in your mail and, if you so desire, I believe you would make a good
member of this projects community. You bring a real insight into areas
where OOo is important that many of us are unaware of.

Ross