incubator-general mailing list archives

From Simon Brouwer <simon.o...@xs4all.nl>
Subject Re: OpenOffice and the ASF
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2011 13:21:53 GMT
Op 2-6-2011 15:04, Greg Stein schreef:
> On Jun 2, 2011 4:32 AM, "Alexandro Colorado"<jza@openoffice.org>  wrote:
>> There is currently a bit rearagement movement toward figuring things out in
>> TDF OOo previously to the OOo annoucement, which happened last month on the
>> marketing list in OOo.
>> http://openoffice.org/projects/marketing/lists/dev/archive/2011-05/
> Thanks for the link.

>> Just to add clarity by inviting them, you mean that we should join the
>> mailing list for discussing the proposal here. Or should we continue our
>> converstions on each location.
> Discussion about the Incbator proposal should be done here, please.
> The audience of that proposal and, ultimately, those who will vote on
> it are subscribed to this list.
>
>> Should we add ourselfs as commiters?
> If you would like to contribute here (possibly instead of, or in
> addition, to your work at TDF), then yes! Please add yourself into the
> proposal on the wiki.
I had already been so bold as to adding myself to the list, expressing
my support to the proposal. I was wondering though. In the
OpenOffice.org project, many community members contribute in other ways
than committing code, for example by writing or translating
documentation, being active in the marketing project, taking part in QA.
Some concern has been expressed that, if the meritocratic system in
Apache is based on code contribution only, those community members are
not able to fully become part of the OpenOffice.org Apache project or
the Apache community.

--

Vriendelijke groet,
Simon Brouwer.