incubator-general mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [italo.vignoli@documentfoundation.org: Re: OpenOffice and the ASF]
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2011 02:58:37 GMT
On 6/1/2011 8:41 PM, Louis Suarez-Potts wrote:

> My questions then are absolutely pragmatic and relate—hence the to post—to issues
not so far discussed:

> * Apache Foundation owns the trademark to OOo?
> * We at OOo receive lots of requests to use it for mostly good purposes. We grant these,
with minimal fuss and have set up systems to do that more efficiently. With the change in
trademark ownership—if?—the situation will naturally change. I'd like some clarity on
that.

If the grant is accepted, AIUI, yes TM transfer would be expected.

Please review http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/ for how such things
are handled.