incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: OpenOffice.org Apache Incubator Proposal
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2011 17:13:49 GMT

On Jun 1, 2011, at 12:41 PM, Ross Gardler wrote:

> On 01/06/2011 17:28, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>>
>> On Jun 1, 2011, at 12:21 PM, Ross Gardler wrote:
>>

>>> There is a statement that "Oracle will assist in the transition and migration
from OpenOffice.org.", I am probably reading too much into it, but why is there not a statement
that Oracle intend to continue development once the transition is complete?

>> Most likely because they don't intend to.
>
> :-)
> Thanks for the clarity.
>
>> Which is fine (imo)... They will help incubation but
>> not the graduated TLP. IMO a "code dump" is when people
>> don't help at all and that is totally unacceptable.
>
> But with just two named committers on a code base which OhLoh reports as 24M LOC I'm
worried that it can ever get out of incubation.

For sure, we need to add people. I expect that we will get
quite a bunch interested. After all, this was all kept
hush-hush. Now that the cat is out of the bag, we will for
sure see that list grow.