incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: OpenOffice.org Apache Incubator Proposal: Splitting^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^HREUNITING the Community?
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2011 19:44:40 GMT

On Jun 2, 2011, at 3:34 PM, robert_weir@us.ibm.com wrote:

> Sense 2 is a but more subjective, since each person might have their own
> vision of what the ideal community would look like.

Let's look at it this way: Pretend that when things starting going
south in OOo, but before TDF was formed, Oracle had done what it
just did: donate the code and the trademark to the ASF.

If that had happened, would those of you behind TDF still
have created it? This is, I think, an important question,
and an honest answer would get to any real underlying issues,
imo.