incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: OpenOffice.org Apache Incubator Proposal: Splitting the Community?
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2011 14:52:16 GMT

On Jun 2, 2011, at 10:40 AM, robert_weir@us.ibm.com wrote:

> No one is forcing LibreOffice members to do anything.  You are free to
> disagree with my goals, my priorities or even my methods and simply say,
> "No thanks" without suggesting that it is immoral for anyone else,
> including your own members, to say "Yes please". Let's not argue for
> freedom by denying it to others.

Just a reminder: that anyone's particular "goals", "priorities"
or "methods" are moot: What is important is the *project's*
goals, priorities and methods, and they are not determined by
*any* external 3rd party.

Let's be 100% clear here: This is about collaboration. This
is about working together. This is about building a developer
and user community, and not some power-play or ego trip.

If people do not understand that, they need to. And if they
can't agree with that then, quite frankly, they have no
business being here.