incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Accept OpenOffice.org for incubation
Date Sun, 12 Jun 2011 18:09:38 GMT

On Jun 11, 2011, at 2:55 PM, Simos Xenitellis wrote:

> Since Oracle was willing to transfer the OOo source code copyrights to
> the ASF, the ASF could have accepted those copyrights,
> extract the related code for the ODF reference implementation, and
> re-release the source code with a copyleft license.

iirc, we never got into whether Oracle would xfer the
copyrights or not; in any case, the ASF has never required
it.

As far as the "and re-release" phrase: it is really not helpful
in the discussion at all; one might as well have said "and LibreOffice
could just get all their copyrights and re-release as AL".
It's a non-starter.