incubator-general mailing list archives

From Thorsten Behrens <...@documentfoundation.org>
Subject Re: OpenOffice.org Apache Incubator Proposal: Splitting the Community?
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2011 15:35:55 GMT
robert_weir@us.ibm.com wrote:
> I'd like to challenge your assertion here, about "splitting the
> community", a nonsensical meme I'm hearing repeated in several venues.

Hi Rob - well, are you happier then with "perpetuating the split"?

As it doesn't fundamentally change the matter - this was a missed
opportunity to reunite. It'll bind considerable resources to
bootstrap a new community here - resources that are better spent
enhancing the code & marketing OOo and ODF, if you ask me ...

Cheers,

-- Thorsten