incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <>
Subject [ Re: OpenOffice and the ASF]
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2011 00:01:37 GMT
More info re TDF and LOo
----- Forwarded message from Italo Vignoli <> -----

Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2011 23:16:53 +0200
From: Italo Vignoli <>
To: Jim Jagielski <>
CC: Louis Suarez-Potts <>,
	Sam Ruby <>
Subject: Re: OpenOffice and the ASF

On 6/1/11 8:35 PM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> BTW: would it be OK if I shared this email on the ASF
> general@incubator list...? Again, just to be open and
> public from the start.

I don't see any problem on my side.

I will share the link on our Steering Discuss mailing list, which is
accessed by the majority of our contributors, asking for comments. I
imagine that ASF is interested in knowing more about the opinions of
TDF members.

I will also read carefully the proposal, and make my comments. I
understand that it might still be improved (correct me if I am wrong,
because I have had just a few minutes for going through it, and to me
it looks incomplete or too succinct in some areas).

OOo is a very large project with a very large and diverse community.
In my opinion, it would be a pity to lose a percentage of this
community because the proposal is not inclusive enough).

I will be away until Sunday, but I will read emails every now and then.

By the way, I have tried to subscribe to the incubator mailing list,
but I am not getting the confirmation email.

Ciao, Italo

Italo Vignoli - The Document Foundation
phone +39.348.5653829 - VoIP +39.02.320621813
skype italovignoli -

----- End forwarded message -----

   Jim Jagielski   [|]   [|]
        "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war"  ~ John Adams

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message