incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <>
Subject Re: Apache Incubator Proposal: Splitting the Community?
Date Sat, 04 Jun 2011 16:18:03 GMT

On 3 Jun 2011, at 20:33, Leo Simons wrote:

> Whoah! Please don't call for a vote -- I would much rather we first
> arrive at a situation where I can comfortably vote +1! :)

Strong +1 to that.  This is a big decision, and some of us would like
to gauge reaction beyond the confines of this list before voting.

> * Arguably you need _at least_ 3 mentors first.

If and when I satisfy myself on being +1 on the proposal, I'd be
prepared to put my name down.  I've been doing less apache stuff
than I should of late!

   [chop several good points]

One more point here: where are ASF's infra folks in this discussion?
This is going to put more burden than ${average-project} on them.

Nick Kew

Available for work, contract or permanent

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message