incubator-general mailing list archives

From Michael Meeks <michael.me...@novell.com>
Subject Re: Remediation ...
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2011 18:14:43 GMT
Hi Sam,

On Thu, 2011-06-09 at 13:54 -0400, Sam Ruby wrote:
> The net of all of this is that there will need to be a substantial
> public aspect to this entire discussion.  Yes, I will probably have
> some private discussions with ASF lawyers over time over this matter,
> but I can't see any way that we can -- or should -- avoid the need for
> public discussion over this matter.

	Great; thank you for that re-assurance, it encourages me yet further
wrt. Apache's governance, and answers yet more of my remaining
questions, perhaps all.

	It still leaves something you can't answer though: whether it is Rob's
understanding of IBM's intention to camouflage such changes or to flag
them all openly and clearly. Ultimately with a suite of 8+ million
lines, packed with obscure features, and thousands of lines of change a
day it is fairly easy to slip things in, to the potential detriment of
other users of the code.

	Thanks,

		Michael.