incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <>
Subject Re: /ignore troll [was: OpenOffice & LibreOffice]
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2011 06:57:02 GMT
Sent from my mobile device (so please excuse typos)

On 6 Jun 2011, at 02:49, Keith Curtis <> wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 6:34 PM, William A. Rowe Jr. <> wrote:
>>> In my book, I talk for pages about the importance of the ODF standard.
>>> Did you know that OpenOffice is  already behind LibreOffice when it
>>> comes to ODF support? It has to do with footnote markers.
>> Which is apropos of...
> ODF support is a big part of why these codebases matter. Will you need
> to create an ODF compatibility council between OpenOffice and
> LibreOffice? I'd like to see those matrices like you have for software
> licenses.

A matrix helping devs and users understand levels of ODF support (for both projects) would
be useful, if kept up to date. Compatibility tests can help too.

I look forward to your *constructive* contributions either here or in LO, as you prefer.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message