incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Volunteering for the Apache OpenOffice podling?
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2011 23:06:00 GMT
On Jun 2, 2011, at 3:37 PM, Phillip Rhodes wrote:

> For those of us who are interested in volunteering to support the
> new Apache
> OpenOffice podling,
> what is the correct procedure to state such interest?  Should one add
> themselves to the
> wiki version of the proposal under "committers?" Or "other?"

If you're interested in contributing, put yourself into the
"committers" list.

Contributing means helping to organize the project, answer questions
on the mail lists, blog about the project, create build scripts, fix
bugs, write new features, create test cases, add localizations, etc.
In short, watching the mail lists and typing on your computer with the
goal of advancing the project.

We (the royal we) prefer not to distinguish among people who help by
writing code versus other forms of social and computer engineering.

Craig

> Thanks,
>

> Phillip

Craig L Russell