incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Questions for the cheap seats. - Priming the Pump
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2011 04:00:58 GMT
I think this should be the very first step regardless, even for first materials accessible
from the podling.

The next would be to figure out how to stage it onto the Apache infrastructure, build what
can be built, see what the deltas are, etc.

This sort of preservation and assessment seems indispensible in getting going and seeing what
the opportunities are.

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Stein [mailto:gstein@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, June 05, 2011 20:45
To: general@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Questions for the cheap seats.

[ ... ]

Not speaking for the Board, but this is what I'd lobby for: that we package up all the code
that was granted to us, apply the ALv2, and drop the tarball onto archive.apache.org.

Third parties could pick up that code under the ALv2 license, but it would never be a "released
product from Apache". Other producers of OOo-related software could incorporate that code,
should they wish.

[ ... ]