incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Allen Pulsifer" <pulsi...@openoffice.org>
Subject RE: OOo - Lines in the sand and pre-determined conclusions...
Date Sat, 04 Jun 2011 01:09:58 GMT
>> "However, I do not believe the ASF is likely to provide a good home
>> for the OO.o project in the long run," Meeks said.

When I read that, I also did not see anything offensive.  I believe when
Michael said that he was thinking of OOo as he knows it, which is a desktop
application.  The ASF has no track record (that I'm aware of) with desktop
applications, so I don't think you can fault him for having the opinion that
the ASF would not be the best place for OOo.  It was just his opinion and
not I think intended to be malicious or insulting.