incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Request: Can "proposed committers" introduce themselves?
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2011 14:20:58 GMT
I am pleased that we have been asked to introduce ourselves.  I am excited by what I have been
reading this morning.

I consider myself to be handicapped as an American native-language English speaker.  It is
very easy to say something in a very complex way and not notice.

With so many participants from other language communities here, I want to communicate well.
 So your presence is an opportunity for my own training in having an international life.

And, by the way.  If you had not said you are not a native speaker, I could not determine
that from your introduction statement.  If I were to attempt to speak or write French, I think
it would be a great embarrassment.

I share your interest in education.  For me it takes the form of ideas from CP4E (computer
programming for everybody) and SE4E (software engineering ...).   But also fluency with computing
and information technology.  I don't subscribe so much to the idea of "computational thinking"
though.

 - Dennis

PS: Someday, I would like to know what about the University of Pennsylvania inspired UTC,
UTBM, and UTT, <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universit%C3%A9_de_technologie_de_Belfort-Montb%C3%A9liard>.