incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: OO/LO License
Date Sat, 04 Jun 2011 23:49:17 GMT

and LibreOffice are careless about that.)

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Rist [mailto:andrew.rist@oracle.com]
<http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/201106.mbox/%3c4DEAB6A2.6010205@oracle.com%3e>
Sent: Saturday, June 04, 2011 15:50
To: general@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: OO/LO License

On 6/4/2011 11:58 AM, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
<http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/201106.mbox/%3c009001cc22e9$73f6cbe0$5be463a0$@acm.org%3e>
> Just to un-muddy the waters a little, it should be clear that all
> distributions of OpenOffice.org and LibreOffice are under the LGPL3.
> It is also the case that contributors of code to LibreOffice are
> required to affirm that their contributions are under LGPLv3+/MPL

The code was used under multiple licenses.  While it may be true that LGPL was the only Open
Source license, it was not in fact the only license.
The choice of ALv2 going forward would ensure continuity for all constituencies under a single
well accepted open source license, with all parties on equal footing.