incubator-general mailing list archives

From Mohammad Nour El-Din <mn...@apache.org>
Subject Fwd: [CANCEL] [VOTE] Apache Isis release candidate 0.1.2-RC1-incubating
Date Sun, 29 May 2011 19:06:39 GMT
Hi all...

   Vote for Apache Isis release candidate 0.1.2-RC1-incubating has
been canceled - [1].

[1] - http://markmail.org/message/jmgzotfhoujwsoga

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dan Haywood <dkhaywood@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, May 29, 2011 at 2:52 PM
Subject: [CANCEL] [VOTE] Apache Isis release candidate 0.1.2-RC1-incubating
To: "isis-dev@incubator.apache.org" <isis-dev@incubator.apache.org>

Rob has pointed out that the binary artifacts for this release didn't
get uploaded correctly into the staging repository.  Therefore please
consider this vote cancelled.

I'll issue another release for voting as soon as I've figured out the
problem and cut another release.

Thanks
Dan
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On 27/05/2011 08:34, Dan Haywood wrote:

> On 26/05/2011 21:48, Robert Matthews wrote:
>>
>> Dan
>>
>> Only the quickstart archetype is available from the staging repository. I'm assuming
that all artifacts should be there.

> Indeed they should... which means that this RC is a bust.  It isn't possible, so far
as I'm aware, to upload additional artifacts into a staging repository once it's been "closed".

>> I've download the zip and shall peruse it shortly.
>
> Yes, if you would. Even though I'm gonna have to go round the loop and create an RC2,
it'd be good to check the ZIP and see if there are any other issues that need sorting out.

> Thx
> Dan
>

>> Good work
>> Rob
>>
>> On 26/05/11 13:09, Dan Haywood wrote:
>>>
>>> After going up a substantial learning curve ;-),   I've now staged a release
candidate for Apache Isis, namely 0.1.2-RC1-incubating.

>>> The signed source ZIP can be downloaded from my home directory on people.apache.org:
>>> * http://people.apache.org/~danhaywood/isis-0.1.2-RC1-incubating-source-release.zip
(zip file), and
>>> * http://people.apache.org/~danhaywood/isis-0.1.2-RC1-incubating-source-release.zip.asc
(signature)

>>> The code has been tagged as branches/0.1.2-RC1-incubating/tags/0.1.2x-RC1-incubating.
 When I do the final release (without the -RCn suffix) I'll tag into the usual "tags/" location.

>>> In addition, the Maven artifacts have also been staged to staging repository
on repository.apache.org:
>>> * https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheisis-009/
>>>
>>> I've also uploaded a new version of the site at http://incubator.apache.org/isis-0.1.2-RC1-incubating.
 The contributors guide on the site contains some suggestions of how to verify the release,
see http://incubator.apache.org/isis-0.1.2-RC1-incubating/docbkx/html/guide/ch13s06.html#d0e4034

--
Thanks
- Mohammad Nour