incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Retire the Imperius Podling
Date Thu, 12 May 2011 00:50:18 GMT
+1

Regards,
Alan

On May 10, 2011, at 7:39 AM, Kevan Miller wrote:

> The Imperius podling has voted to retire/suspend/terminate/dormantify the Imperius podling.
I'm now bringing the vote to the incubator pmc.

> The vote was unanimous with 6 +1 votes (kevan miller, david wood, mark carlson, neeraj
joshi, david kaminsky, and craig russell).

> From the original vote thread on imperius-dev:
>
> We seem to have a consensus that it is time to retire the Imperius Podling.
>
> Although the Apache Imperius project was successful in building an SPL implementation
and had a successful release, there is not sufficient community energy to warrant continued
development of Imperius at the Apache Software Foundation.

> I believe it is time to suspend development of the Imperius project at the Apache Incubator.
The Incubator status for this state is "retired" or "dormant".

> Please cast your vote:
>
>  [ ] +1 to retire the Imperius project
>  [ ]  0 for Don't care
>  [ ] -1 for No, please keep it alive (please provide arguments why)
>
> I'll leave this vote open for a minimum of 72 hours.
>
> I would like to note that this in no way reflects on the quality of the Imperius software
codebase or the past actions of the Imperius community. It is simply an acknowledgement that
we do not have sufficient community involvement to keep the Imperius project going.