incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: questions on proposal I'm championing
Date Tue, 24 May 2011 09:41:20 GMT
On 24/05/2011 10:04, Simone Tripodi wrote:
> Hi Nigel!!!
>
> 1) due my experience, I'd reply NO. The existing OGNL[1] project
> (ASL2.0 released with a long history) just joined the Incubator and
> the only rename it had was to Apache Commons OGNL[2]

Although one needs to ensure that the name is not an existing trademark
- at least one of the projects I've brought in changed its name at
proposal stage because we discovered a pre-existing trademarked product.

Ross

> 2) you can have a global clarification about reciprocal licenses on
> the ASF legal resolved page[3]
>
> HTH, have a nice day!!! All the best,
> Simo
>
> [1] http://www.opensymphony.com/ognl/
> [2] http://incubator.apache.org/projects/ognl.html
> [3] http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html

> http://www.99soft.org/
>

> On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 8:17 AM, Nigel Daley<ndaley@mac.com>  wrote:
>> Hi, I've agreed to champion an incubator submission.  It's my first time doing this.
 I have a few questions.

>> 1) The project has been open sourced under ALv2 for a while and has had a number
of releases.  When it comes to the incubator, does the project's name need to change?