incubator-general mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: [lucy-dev] [VOTE] Apache Lucy 0.1.0-incubating release candidate #1
Date Fri, 20 May 2011 21:44:12 GMT
Hi, Chris, thanks for expediting.

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 02:18:37PM -0700, Mattmann, Chris A (388J) wrote:
> http://people.apache.org/~mattmann/apache-lucy-0.1-incubating/rc1/

The artifacts here do not follow the version naming convention that is used by
the source code of X.Y.Z, and that the ReleaseGuide specifies the artifacts
should use:

    apache-lucy-0.1-incubating-src.tar.gz   //  actual name
    apache-lucy-incubating-X.Y.Z.tar.gz     //  documented in ReleaseGuide.

It's essential that our artifacts match the actual version number strings.
This was hammered out over a long thread here: <http://s.apache.org/lW>.

The branch we will use for bugfixes is also misnamed:

    // Actual name
    https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/lucy/branches/apache-lucy-0.1-incubating/
    // Documented in ReleaseGuide
    https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/lucy/branches/X.Y

And there is no tag for the RC as the instructions set out:

    https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/lucy/tags/apache-lucy-incubating-X.Y.Z-rcN

I regret that I must vote -1.  Please change the name of the tag, following
the documentation in the ReleaseGuide precisely and reroll.  If you disagree
with anything you encounter, please raise your concern on the dev list.

Thanks,

Marvin Humphrey