incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <chris.a.mattm...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Airavata for the incubator
Date Thu, 28 Apr 2011 22:23:03 GMT
I'd be +1 to mentor and help see that outcome through.

Cheers,
Chris

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 28, 2011, at 1:10 PM, "Ross Gardler" <rgardler@apache.org> wrote:

> On 23 Apr 2011, at 23:16, "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <chris.a.mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov>
wrote:

>> Hi Guys,
>>
>> Looks great and sounds very complimentary to OODT. Happy that you guys mention alignment
-- might be nice to expose data from an OODT file management+workflow management+resource
management system as a Airavata gateway. Just a quick thought after skimming the proposal.

> Yes, I felt such an alignment may well make sense. However, I'm only the champion, not
a committer so I'll not commit the team to such an opportunity.

> [...]
>>> meaningful documentation on the Apache websites.
>>>
>>> == Initial Source ==
>>> The initial source of the project is in SourceForge. The source is
>>> available for anonymous check out from svn at
>>> https://ogce.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/ogce/ogce-xbaya-gui/
>>>
>>> == Source and Intellectual Property Submission Plan ==
>>> Indiana University is the current holder of Intellectual Property
>>> rights for the software. The university has approved the code donation
>>> and signed trustees approval, Corporate Contributor Licence Agreement
>>> and Software Grant Agreement have been emailed to ASF secretary and
>>> received acknowledgement.
>>>
>>> Specifically Indiana University will donate 4 components into Airavata
>>> project.
>>>
>>> 1. XBaya Scientific Workflow Suite - includes a GUI for workflow
>>> composition and monitoring. The composed workflow can be exported to
>>> various workflow languages like BPEL, SCUFL, Condor DAG, Jython and
>>> Java. The defacto workflow enacting engine used is Apache ODE.
>>> 2. GFac - an application wrapper service that can be used to wrap
>>> command line-driven science applications and make them into robust,
>>> network- accessible services. This component is build on Axis2 web
>>> service stack.
>>> 3. XRegistry - a registry service for storing deployment information
>>> about wrapped application services and constructed workflows.
>>> 4. WS-Messenger - a “publish-subscribe” based message broker
>>> implemented on top of Apache Axis2 web services stack. It implements the
>>> WS-Eventing and WS-Notifications specifications and incorporates a
>>> message box component that facilities communications with clients behind
>>> firewalls and overcomes network glitches.
>>>
>>> == External Dependencies ==
>>>
>>> Following the guideline -http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html, the
>>> following are the dependent software and all of them are in binary
>>> format in java archive (jar files).
>>>
>>>  * CDDL license  - Javax activation, JSR311, Portlet-API, Servlet-API
>>>  * Apache V2: cog-jglobus, globus, caster, gridsphere, Woodstox,
>>> xmpp, xsul, sigiri, atomixmiser, weps-beans.
>>>  * BSD: puretls,
>>>  * MIT: bcporv, hsqldb, dom4j, slf4j
>>>  * PSFL: Jython
>>>  * GPL 2.0: mysql-connector-java
>>>  * Other:
>>>    * cryptix32, cryptix-asn1 (http://www.cryptix.org/LICENSE.TXT)
>>>    * backport (public domain)
>>>    * jaxen (http://jaxen.codehaus.org/license.html)
>>>
>>> Licence incompatibilities (GPL) will be resolved during incubation.
>>>
>>> == Cryptography ==
>>> The software does not implement any cryptographic algorithms. However,
>>> to perform secured messaging and data movement and SSL communications,
>>> the software depends upon third party security libraries. These
>>> external libraries depend in turn on Java Security, Puretls, Cryptix
>>> and Bounce Castle libraries. Apache Cryptographic steps will be
>>> followed to register the use of these libraries.

>>> 2. airavata-commits