incubator-general mailing list archives

From Martin Cooper <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache OGNL
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2011 13:37:20 GMT
On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 12:57 AM, Jeremias Maerki <dev@jeremias-maerki.ch> wrote:
> I'm sorry that I can't help out but when reading this I thought that
> using the spec name as the project name is probably not ideal. How about
> calling it Apache (Commons) Ogranal? Hopefully, this doesn't have any
> strange meaning in some language. Just a thought.

Commons has a policy of using descriptive names. Yes, there are a few
existing projects that don't fit this - ones that were grandfathered
in when the policy was introduced - but it would be better to start
incubation with a name that would meet Commons' criteria rather than
one that will need changing yet again on graduation.

A lot of people both within and outwith the ASF know the name OGNL, so
unless there's a pressing need, it would make sense to keep it.

--
Martin Cooper