incubator-general mailing list archives

From Andrei Savu <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Whirr version 0.4.0-incubating
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2011 17:50:43 GMT
Stefan, thanks for taking the time to review this release candidate. :)

See bellow for my comments.

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 3:23 PM, Stefan Bodewig <> wrote:
> On 2011-03-07, Andrei Savu wrote:
>> Source and binary files:
> The binary contains among other things the Bouncycastle provider so I
> think you have to do some extra work (see
> <>) but I don't see Whirr mentioned
> on <> and can't find any crypto
> notice inside the README.

Tom will investigate and fix this one.

> RAT flags a few .sh, .css and .html files that are without any license
> header.

We've already fixed this in trunk. I will backport the patch to the 0.4 branch.

> The binary distribution contains lots of jars that I can't easily match
> to the license files in the tarball.  What is aws-ec2-1.0-beta-9.jar's
> license (likely jcloud's but how would I know)?

They all belong to jclouds. We will add the missing license files to the repo.

>> Whirr's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
> Note the file is different from
> <> which doesn't contain
> your key.

Thanks for pointing this out. I will also update the release
instructions on the wiki.