incubator-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Whirr version 0.4.0-incubating
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2011 16:43:48 GMT
On 2011-03-18, sebb wrote:

> But the main issue is that the binary distribution contains lots of
> 3rd party products which are not mentioned in either the NOTICE file
> or the LICENSE file.

They likely are supposed to be in the - unfortunately empty - license
files inside the lib directory.

> Whether it requires attribution or not, 3rd party product licenses
> must be recorded in the LICENSE file.

> The standard method is to include the text in the file, but it may be
> allowable to just include a pointer to the license elsewhere in the
> distribution.

This pointer is missing, you are correct.

> I think these issues are sufficient to block the release.

Of the binary "convenience build".  If the whirr project wanted to
release the source tarball alone, the problems you have found wouldn't
apply.  The source tarball looks good to me.

Stefan