incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] MRUnit entry into the Apache Incubator
Date Mon, 28 Feb 2011 15:24:01 GMT
Hi Chris,

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 3:57 PM, Mattmann, Chris A (388J)
<chris.a.mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:
> The Hadoop community has been VOTE'ing over the past month to abandon development of
portions of their code base...

> ...A few of us members (myself, Patrick and Nige) were willing to step up and volunteer
that in contrast to seeing
> an ASF product and its community head over to Github and continue development there,
we'd like the product to stick
> around at the ASF....

Which seems to indicate that there's a split in the current community.

My point was that the technical reasons listed in this thread don't
seem to warrant forking MRUnit into its own project, but if it has a
mostly distinct community (which seems to be the case), and you guys
think that might grow, then I support its incubation.

-Bertrand