incubator-general mailing list archives

From ant elder <ant.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Voting waiting period
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2011 14:30:13 GMT
On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 8:11 PM, Alan D. Cabrera <adc@toolazydogs.com> wrote:
> It's my understanding that all voting takes place during a 72 hour period.  If that
period ends on a weekend then it's customary to wait until Monday to complete.

> I don't see this documented on http://incubator.apache.org/guides/ppmc.html.  We may
also need to explain that all correspondence on behalf of the PPMC should cc the PPMC private
list.

> Thoughts?
>

> Regards,
> Alan

Well i've found this an interesting thread, i'd always thought the at
least 72 hours was one of the "rules" so it was interesting to hear
people saying it was flexible, and after looking i've not found any
policy doc saying it MUST be at least 72 hours.  Thanks for bring it
up.

   ...ant