incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Apache Rave project
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2011 08:49:21 GMT
On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 8:49 PM, William A. Rowe Jr.
<wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> On 2/21/2011 5:18 PM, Ate Douma wrote:
>>
>> The Apache Rave project proposal is a joined effort of Hippo, the MITRE Corporation,
the
>> Open Gateway Computing Environments project (OGCE), the SURFnet SURFConext Portal
project,
>> OSS Watch, and several other individuals.
>
> Keep in mind that only individuals participate at Apache, sometimes
> independently, sometimes as employees, but ASF projects are collaborations
> of developers (and docs and users, but principally of developers).  This
> might be part of the reason for some [dis]quiet to the proposal....

Ate wrote the above in his mail but that's not part of the proposal at
http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/RaveProposal

I personally have no problem with the way companies are mentioned in
that proposal - nor with the proposal in general, for me it's just
fine as is.

-Bertrand